16. How much does seven hundred and eight pounds, exceed thirty-nine pounds, fifteen shillings and ten pence halfpenny?
Ans. Â£668 4s 1Â½ d . (p. 47)
4. In 61 Ells English, how many quarters and nails?
Ans. 305 qrs. , 1220 na. (p. 70)
8. How many barley-corns will reach round the globe, it being 360 degrees?
Ans. 4755801600 (p. 71)
50. A factor bought a certain quantity of broadcloth and drugget, which together cost 81 l , the quantity of broadcloth was 50 yards, at 18s. per yard, and for every 5 yards of broadcloth he had 9 yards of drugget; I demand how many yards of drugget he had, and what it cost him per yard?
Ans. 90 yards at 8 s. per yard. (p. 107)
3. In 9 firkins of butter, each weighing 2 qrs. 12lb gross, tare 11lb. per firkin, how much neat?
Ans. 4 C , 2 qrs. 9 lb (p. 116)
SCHOOLMASTER’S ASSISTANT ,
Being a Plain Practical System
adapted to the United States
By Nathan Daboll
with the addition of the
Farmers’ and Mechanicks’
BEST METHOD OF BOOK-KEEPING ,
designed as a
Companion to Daboll’s Arithmetick
by Samuel Green
Printed and published by Mack and Andrus
By Permission of the Proprietors