Here are some things I listened to and read over the past week.
* Three Metafilter threads chock-full of good sources of news and information about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Thread 1. Thread 2. Thread 3.
* I’ve been listening to the recordings of classes, lectures and performances from the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics of Naropa University, which have been archived at the Internet Archive. Here are some highlights:
** “Honoring the Muse,” a reading which was part of a fundraiser for the Boulder County Safehouse shelter for battered women, recorded in June 2000. Part 1, Part 2.
** Amiri Baraka‘s class on revolution and art. Part 1. Part 2.
* Excellent panel on Critical Race Theory, with Kimberlé Crenshaw and Devon Carbado.
* Nikole Hannah-Jones, Kiese Laymon, and Michael Bolden in conversation about the 1619 project.
* The Possible Worlds Lecture with Kim Stanley Robinson.