- Having recently visited San Francisco for the first time, I found this essay particularly compelling: HAGS In Your Face: A People’s History of the Legendary San Francisco Dyke Gang. Michelle Tea is a superb writer. I read her semi-autobiographical story Black Wave while on a work trip to Sacramento back in 2017.
- Tor.com asks, Who are the Forgotten Greats of Science Fiction? I expect this list will expand as time goes on. It is in the nature of things to be forgotten.
- What would a socialist America look like?
- An overview, description and explanation of Late Capitalism, from the always-excellent Midwest Socialism.
- Metafilter has added a new post containing links and discussion of the deranged and pathetic reign of Daddy Issues Donnie.
Links and Notes for the Week of March 18, 2018
* Icelandic publisher prints books only during the full moon, and burns all copies that don’t sell immediately.
* Down and Out with Warren Zevon in Los Angeles.
* How To Change Your Facebook Settings To Opt Out of Platform API Sharing. Useful information from the Electronic Frontier Foundation. For those of us still compelled, willingly or otherwise, to use the odious, toxic, and vile Facebook service.
* Socialism as a set of principles. Jacobin Magazine offers ABCs of Socialism (PDF)
* A study of the fearful white men who own most of the guns in the USA.
* Bruce Sterling’s keynote at South by Southwest 2018. Disrupting dystopia indeed.