- David Bowie, interviewed in 1999. Also an excellent example of the interviewee being much, much smarter than the interviewer.
- Beautiful documentary on Philip K. Dick, from 1994.
- A Study in Professional Power: Why Do the Big Four Accountants Survive? (Via Naked Capitalism)
- The Magical thinking of Guys Who Love Logic.
- The Anarchist Library. I will be spending a lot of time here in the coming months.
- News You May Have Missed. And I will DEFINITELY be spending time here every day.
- Thanks to the comments in a post on BoingBoing, I have become aware of the Citations Needed Podcast, which seems right up my alley.
Tag: David Bowie
Links and Notes for the Week of January 6, 2019
- The latest Metafilter catch-all thread discussing the state of US politics here at the beginning of 2019.
- 1.4 Million Floridians Just Got Their Voting Rights Back Today, Whether Republicans Like It or Not.
- Five upcoming short story collections by Arabic writers. In particular I am looking forward to Palestine +100, since Iraq +100 was an excellent book.
- David Bowie’s 100 Favorite Books, of which I have read 17.
- Arundhati Roy explains How to Think About Empire in an interview up at The Boston Review.
- A useful tip for managing complex writing and worldbuilding: Create a Wiki.
- From the brilliant journal N+1: The Best of a Bad Situation. Or, what extinction looks like from the inside.